Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Status

Rigging the Ignition 101 -- all in one thread!

From the Mob Wars page:

==UPDATES==
    1/3/2008
    Fixed bug where it said you got killed by your own ignition bomb. This was just a message bug - i.e. the correct person got killed but it reported it wrong.

1/1/2008.2
    Finished the new feature and it is being tested for users over level 90. I will eventually lower the level requirement. I will also be watching the forums for any early bug reports.

1/1/2008.1
    Accidentally launched a new feature before it was ready. No money / energy / stamina was lost even if it said it took it from you. The taking money away part was not programmed yet!
    [line:bqn7okls][/line:bqn7okls]

1. How do you rig a player's ignition?

A. Go to their Mob Wars profile page. Below their boss name, there's an option to rig the ignition (right beside add to hitlist). Click that, and you'll receive a message like this:
    Ottimo!
    You successfullly rigged Pierro Gravucci's ignition. If your trap gets triggered, you will certainly hear about it in the news...

2. Is it available for everyone?

A. No, it's only for players over Level 50. (for now)

3. How much do you have to pay?

A. It costs 5 energy points and 3 stamina to rig someone's ignition plus 50% of that player's bounty price.

4. What are the advantages of doing that?

A. If you rig someone's ignition and that player attempts to hitlist you later, he/she will die instead of you, and you will not get hitlisted.

5. Is it anonymous?

A. No. The other person will know you did it and will receive a message like this:
    Ottimo!
    You were assassinated by explosives that Fermazi secretly rigged to your ignition!

6. Will you know if your rigging is triggered?

A. You will receive a message like this on the newsfeed:
    5 hours ago:
    Pierro Gravucci has been assassinated by your ignition-bomb!

7. Will you lose the money for the bounty price if you die by rigging in an attempt to hitlist someone?

A. No. If you die because you've been rigged, you won't lose the bounty price money because the other person won't get hitlisted.

8. How will you know if you have already rigged that person's ignition in the past?

A. As long as your previous rigging as not yet been triggered, you won't be able to do it again and it will say so on the profile of the other player.

9. Is it fool-proof?

A. Not exactly. It will work every time except when the person whose ignition is rigged is on the hitlist but has not died yet. To explain further, let's say Pierro Gravucci rigged my ignition as revenge for killing him. Some time later, I'm hitlisted. And while I'm still alive, healing and hanging on the hitlist, I attempt to hitlist him. I will still get the notice that I was killed by his ignition but I will not die--because I'm already hitlisted and will die by the hitlist later!

10. When you die by ignition rigging, how much experience will you lose? Is it relative to one's level or the level of the person who did the rigging?

A. Experience loss is relative to your (the victim's) level.

Status

Re: Rigging the Ignition 101 -- all in one thread!

Regarding point #4... I rigged 2 people. The next time these two people hit listed me, I was attacked until I died. Is this a bug?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by kthrynileen
    Regarding point #4... I rigged 2 people. The next time these two people hit listed me, I was attacked until I died. Is this a bug?
    It's not a bug. They may have died over your rigging, but that would not stop them from hitlisting you again right after that. Unless you're fast enough (if you're online) top rig them asap after it's been triggered, they can always heal up and attempt to hitlist you again.

Status

Fermazi- Thanks for the 101.

Does anyone know if rigging the ignition gets reset in any other way other than that person you've rigged tries to hitlist you? For example, if you try to attack and/or punch the person you have rigged does that reset the ignition rig on that person?

Status

After the rigging kills them try attacking them repeatedly afterwards. And then top it off with a punch in the face and hitlisting them. That should establish you as the alpha dog.
    Sofia's Eunuch

You killed PedroCorleone and claimed the bounty of $1,122,878,320.

Status

Regarding point 7 - I would prefer if you did lose the money (and it credited to the rigger) - after all, there is nothing stopping you from then spending a nominal amount at the hospital and then hitlisting them straight away again

Status

Quote Originally Posted by arfabrane
    Regarding point 7 - I would prefer if you did lose the money (and it credited to the rigger) - after all, there is nothing stopping you from then spending a nominal amount at the hospital and then hitlisting them straight away again
    I second this idea. If I get blown up during a hitlist add, it's a piddly 200K to heal once and then I can just instantly re-hitlist the person. Not really much of a deterrent.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by cchw
    Fermazi- Thanks for the 101.

Does anyone know if rigging the ignition gets reset in any other way other than that person you've rigged tries to hitlist you? For example, if you try to attack and/or punch the person you have rigged does that reset the ignition rig on that person?
    Regarding the question about attacking/punching, it doesn't seem to reset the ignition. I just tried it. As for other ways such as hitlisting, it's still a question.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by G-Money
    Quote Originally Posted by arfabrane
    I second this idea. If I get blown up during a hitlist add, it's a piddly 200K to heal once and then I can just instantly re-hitlist the person. Not really much of a deterrent.
    I third this idea! The biggest deterrent for me was possibly dying and having to spend 2x the bounty to hit someone I was in a feud with. What does it really solve? Plus, I think the person that got rigged should still go on the hitlist with the 1/2 bounty still up for grabs. That way the hitlist doesn't suffer a slow down of traffic. Just my 2 cents, but who am I really? :?
    Suicide is not allowed.
    The Target: Cichlid Harpoon
    Paid By: Jipidi
    Bounty Amount: $1,743,444,512

porkapalin: "Maybe he is a quasi enforcer I'm not sure."

Status

It may not be much of a deterrent but it's a way of paying for a kill at half price as the person who gets blown up loses exp (relative to his/her own level) per death.

Quote Originally Posted by Cichlid Harpoon
    The biggest deterrent for me was possibly dying and having to spend 2x the bounty to hit someone I was in a feud with.
    You don't pay 2x the bounty amount. If you check point #7, if you try to list someone and get blown up by a rigging, you still keep the money as the person will not get listed.