Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Status

Custom Messages - Blocking Users

Hey everyone - Custom messages have been generally well received, but we have started getting inevitable complaints about messages that go too far. We can not police every message that players send, but we now have a very simple banning system in place to block abusive users from being able to send custom messages.

This is currently a very simple setup, and is only available to devs. If you receive an in game message that you believe crosses any of these lines:

- racist or bigoted hate speech
    - personal threats (outside the context of the game)
    - spam (sketchy links, ads, etc)

Please take a screenshot of the message, and the mob code or mob name of the user who posted it to your feed, and send it to support@metamoki.com. There will always be a heavy layer of subjectivity to this, as it's currently up to us to decide whether or not to block a user. In general, "bad words" are not cause for message banning.

This manual, human based system does leave room for mistakes and differences of opinion on what is acceptable or not! So, please bear with us if you feel like your messages were unfairly blocked.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Hey everyone - Custom messages have been generally well received, but we have started getting inevitable complaints about messages that go too far. We can not police every message that players send, but we now have a very simple banning system in place to block abusive users from being able to send custom messages.

This is currently a very simple setup, and is only available to devs. If you receive an in game message that you believe crosses any of these lines:

Please take a screenshot of the message, and the mob code or mob name of the user who posted it to your feed, and send it to support@metamoki.com. There will always be a heavy layer of subjectivity to this, as it's currently up to us to decide whether or not to block a user. In general, "bad words" are not cause for message banning.

This manual, human based system does leave room for mistakes and differences of opinion on what is acceptable or not! So, please bear with us if you feel like your messages were unfairly blocked.

I am wondering if asking for a BJ is included in there???

this is just a wondering folks.

I would not send :D

3. Likes Shropford, ThaBountyHunter, Staci C liked this post

Status
    i'm sorry you received such a message. did you say yes or ask for a dick pic first? ;)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfingers Lee View Post
    i'm sorry you received such a message. did you say yes or ask for a dick pic first? ;)
    OMG.. I Laughed so hard. i think i peed a little :D

6. Likes Staci C liked this post

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PTT View Post
    OMG.. I Laughed so hard. i think i peed a little :D
    its an age thing bud. i peed a little when i typed it

8. Likes Mechniki, Staci C, Helen Hutchards, PTT liked this post

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfingers Lee View Post
    its an age thing bud. i peed a little when i typed it
    I believe they make undergarments for said leakage but that Depends LOL. Happy leaking.............

Status
    Do you write it with humor. Like Messege ONE "Please can you heal" .... No Answer ..... Messege 2 "I guess a blowjob is out of the question too" (I think its from Sex and the city show) = Yes its a fun joke to 99% of all people and 1 % get offended but i guess they get offended more becouse a low level ask them too heal ..

Status
    as blocking is introduced the custom message limit can be increased right??

12. Likes Shropford liked this post

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post

I would like to point to the FAQ section as i think this should apply to custom msgs too.

"I'm offended by someone's mob name.
    If it's something that wouldn't be allowed on an un-cut episode of South Park (tm), forward it our way and we will take action. Otherwise, we really don't have the management capacity to police this kind of thing."

Remember we should all be adults here, common sense should apply without the drama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfWX8UznXvM

14. Likes Shropford, Staci C, PTT liked this post

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikeMob View Post
    Do you write it with humor. Like Messege ONE "Please can you heal" .... No Answer ..... Messege 2 "I guess a blowjob is out of the question too" (I think its from Sex and the city show) = Yes its a fun joke to 99% of all people and 1 % get offended but i guess they get offended more becouse a low level ask them too heal ..
    you are famous for bending the truth and telling outright lies and this is yet another attempt to do so. i've seen the messages you've sent (and you've sent them to more than one woman)
    its not about your level, its about you and what you think passes for 'humour'
    some things are just not acceptable and you have now understood that hopefully.