Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Status

New Raid: Narcos! + Future raid balance feedback

Hello Mobsters - The Godfather has released a new raid: Narcos! This raid is much like previous raids, so you can get your crew of 10 together to take out the boss and expect a similar challenge. The higher your boss level ( L1 -> L4 ), the better the quality of the dropped items. Drop rates for rare and uncommon level items have been slightly increased over the last raid.

While many players are enjoying the raids, there still seems to be two major issues that keep coming up:
    - some players join a raid and do not help at all
    - a low level player (relative to the raid tier) can do very little to advance the fight

These issues may be related. One thing we are planning for the next raid is a "Critical Hit" addition. The way it is planned to work is that any time a player meets their damage goal, in addition to earning a raid crate, the raid boss is dealt a massive amount of additional damage. This means that even if their individual attacks do little damage, each time a player hits their damage goal the critical hit will be a significant help to the overall group.

It's not live on this raid, but we wanted to get the idea of critical hits out to you in case you have feedback or questions before then.

P.S. - The option to boot players from raids is also being considered! Just trying one thing at a time.

Status
    Fair play to you, at least you are addressing the issues and coming up with resolves. They will still moan even though "They" take part in the raids so it's never going to be an easy ride for Metamoki.

3. Likes Pernicious Foreigner, OzarkMafia liked this post

Status
    I like the idea of critical hits and would like to see it implemented. I also like the idea of being able to boot joiners who troll the raids and don't help. I especially like that the drop rates for rare and uncommon items has been slightly increased. Our family did several with not one player getting a rare item last time.

5. Likes Amatryer liked this post

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Hello Mobsters - The Godfather has released a new raid: Narcos! This raid is much like previous raids, so you can get your crew of 10 together to take out the boss and expect a similar challenge. The higher your boss level ( L1 -> L4 ), the better the quality of the dropped items. Drop rates for rare and uncommon level items have been slightly increased over the last raid.

While many players are enjoying the raids, there still seems to be two major issues that keep coming up:
    - some players join a raid and do not help at all
    - a low level player (relative to the raid tier) can do very little to advance the fight

These issues may be related. One thing we are planning for the next raid is a "Critical Hit" addition. The way it is planned to work is that any time a player meets their damage goal, in addition to earning a raid crate, the raid boss is dealt a massive amount of additional damage. This means that even if their individual attacks do little damage, each time a player hits their damage goal the critical hit will be a significant help to the overall group.

It's not live on this raid, but we wanted to get the idea of critical hits out to you in case you have feedback or questions before then.

P.S. - The option to boot players from raids is also being considered! Just trying one thing at a time.
    Top marks for listening to the feedback from players for a change, will be attempting the next set of raids when critical hit gets implemented. The boot option will be a welcome addition also.

7. Likes nunchaku, Bassnut liked this post

Status
    Thank you Bob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to the changes I might even try doing a raid again!

9. Likes Gunslinger Girl, OzarkMafia liked this post

Status
    The drop rate is certainly an improvement.. Good job!

http://prntscr.com/dgtfnh

11. Likes Staci C liked this post

Status
    I think one of the main complaints as well is that quality of drop items are not worth the cost of doing the raid. I personally have not done raids because of this main reason. Maybe that can be addressed as well?

13. Likes Pernicious Foreigner, Staci C liked this post
    Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazza P View Post
    Fair play to you, at least you are addressing the issues and coming up with resolves. They will still moan even though "They" take part in the raids so it's never going to be an easy ride for Metamoki.
    I could name a few who won't be happy if they started paying them to play. They would still find something wrong.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Watch out with this one. If the boss in the raid, doesn't like a player because of some old grudge or so, and that player have used loads to get get some good drops, you give the boss the power to kick that player and then the player have lost loads of stam and nrgy.

If you are going to make it, then set some kind of percentage.
    i.e. the player that have done the most, have used 4K stam, so if the player that have done the least, haven't used more than X% of that, it can be kicked.

Why not just let it be as it is now? If player A do 1 goal level, it gets only 1 drop, and so what? If I wanna do 8 goal levels, then I get more drops and care shi.e about player A only getting 1 drop (haven't done any myself, but correct me if I'm wrong).

16. Likes OzarkMafia, Pernicious Foreigner liked this post

Status
    if a player doesn't do anything, i hope he is not getting anything either, i would leave that one alone, if you want to do them, don't make them public and invite only members who will hit it......we are making groups so all 10 should be effective, you really have to sort the amount of stamina and energy for the lower levels, they really struggle to finish them, you raised the time the raids last but not the timer in them to make them longer for the lower levels?

i personally hitlist the ones that join and don't do anything! lol